[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: kVA's Tesla Vortex at FrightFair!!!

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Jeff W. Parisse" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>
>
> Dear kVA Fans,
>
> Tesla Vortex
> Imagine walking through a horseshoe shaped, steel cage
> surrounding a nine foot tall Tesla coil. Suddenly the Tesla
> coil  lashes out with ten foot bolts of high voltage electricity
> that land INCHES from your face! Sound scary? You bet!
>
> Fright Fair
> kVA Effects has teamed up with Asylum Productions to
> create the most unimaginably terrifying exhibit ever to
> appear in ANY Haunted House ANYWHERE! Over three
> million volts are employed to scare the pants off of those
> who dare to test their worst nightmare: lightning!
>
> CNN called FrightFair one of the scariest places in
> Southern California. A 40,000 square foot, free standing
> Haunted House sponsored by Boeing, Rocketdyne,
> Time-Warner Communications and MindSpring Internet,
> FrightFair is one of the West Coast's largest. Call
> 1-818-773-7572 or www.frightfair-dot-com for dates and times.
>
> 50% Off!
> We've arraigned a 50% discount for EVERY kVA Fan
> Club Member who is on our email list as of 10/16/98.
> Simply tell the ticket agent you're with the kVA Fan Club
> and you and your party will receive the one time discount.
>
> Thank you from everyone at kVA Effects!
>
> Jeff W. Parisse, Director
> kVA Effects
> www.teslacoil-dot-com

Jeff:

Sounds like a great effect.  In 1973 We Built a Tesla coil for our local
haunted house, (2nd haunted house in the US). We sparked a 2 ft streamer
at an angle over the spectators head in a "blacked out" room. Made a lot
of wet pants and some puddles on the floor. It's been 25 years, and some
of the locals still mention the "lighting machine".  I can vision the
effect of the setup at the FrightFair!!

Cliff