[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Extended foil Cap. design, Vacuum pump

> >How much vacuum do you apply to the capacitors before, during & after oil
> >filling?
> >I have an old desoldering station that creates a vacuum by using
Compressed
> >Air and generates about 5 inches Hg.  Is this enough?
>
> A perfect vacuum would be something like 28.X inches Hg.  You could
> probably do
> better than 5 inches just sucking through your mouth.  So no, you'll need
> something better.
>
> Gary Lau

	Are you sure 28-29 in Hg will be enough??  I have been toying with
the idea of building a cap(s) instead of shelling $600 for mine - I just
assumed
one would need a *really good* vacuum to eliminate (almost) all the air
bubbles.
Like in the refrigeration-type range - on the order of microns.

	Not true??

						Thx,
						Clay