[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fw: Arc Impedance Study - Computer Models

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "B**2" <bensonbd-at-erols-dot-com>
>
> Hi Bert,
>     The break rate was very stacatto sort of like a machine gun, and yet,
> the streamers seemed to flow.  I have never been able to understand this.
> My coil is modeled on this coil almost exactly.  It will resonate around
> 250 kHz with a 24 by 8 toroid.
>
> Barry

Barry,

Oops - I thought it was a 4" diamater secondary - 250 kHz is not all
that high... I take it your coil does not show any evidence of this
behavior? If the staccato mode is from multi-cycle resonant charging,
maybe the "bang" size is actually significantly higher than would
normally be expected? Any idea what the total gap spacing was? Quite
Curious, indeed!

-- Bert --