[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Secondary spacing for my large coil...and others

	D.C., all:

	Thanks for suggestions - I've seen a bit of discussion in past few
months about coupling, 'raising the secondary,' and maximizing spark
output without overcoupling and consequently damaging the sec'y.  However,
it is intuitively critical that the *horizontal* distance between the primary
and secondary be maximized as well.  I haven't seen any suggestions on this
topic.

	Any contributions, folks?  My 16", 10 kW coil is coming along...
and soon I'm gonna have to decide how far to make the first primary turn
from the secondary.  I'll be using 3/8" or 1/2" copper tubing in a flat
spiral.  Coil about 60" tall, about 800 t. of #14 wire, 10 kVA 24 kV supply,
cap about .05 to .1 uF ( haven't bought one yet.)

	Thx.
						Clay.