[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Our friend the FCC

 I know this is an old thread, but I'm just now getting caught up, and I
just remembered
something.  No one I know has ever been hassled by the FCC, however, one
fellow I know
in Longmont Colorado, who has the largest operating coil in the state so
far as I know,
(Bob Golka's coil is reputedly in mothballs again), said that he got a call
from the local
_DA_ saying, "turn your coil on in the neighborhood again and you will go
to jail."

 The issue a the time was neighbors- some complaining of TV interference,
some complaining
of the noise, and some who were simply terrified to see 20' arcs running
around his back
yard, knocking leaves off of the trees.

 That was years ago.  He has since opened his own electronics surplus and
computer store,
and has run the coil (although with not nearly the performance I saw in his
back yard)
in the empty parking lot behind the store.  No one has complained since so
far as I know.

 I mention this not to shed any light on the FCC question, but to point out
that there are
other agencies one occasionally has to worry about, especially if someone
complains.

And cops are always afraid of things they don't understand.  I once had to
explain the
contents of my basement to a certain Detective Haley of the Denver Bomb Squad.
(don't ask)

 When he found out what "the big electrical looking thing" was, he told me
he thought
I was crazy, but so far as he knew it wasn't illegal, so he didn't care
about it.  It was my
pyrotechnics they were concerned about.  *sigh*

-Gomez

--
email: gomez-at-netherworld-dot-com   |   web site: http://www-dot-netherworld-dot-com/~gomez
Secure email with strong encryption available.  Ask me for my certificates.