From: Tesla List
To: Tesla List
Subject: watch those fingers
Date: Wednesday, October 14, 1998 4:21AM

Original Poster: Cabbott Sanders <cabbott-at-cyberis-dot-net>

 i got so much done on my 15 kw tesla coil tonight!!!  i built the entire
base cabinet, base/coil junction, and wired 100' of 4 awg to my breaker
box.. all was going well... until about 11 pm when i decided (against my
conscience) to go ahead and start on my primary coil mounts.  as i just
finished the last cut of plexi, my left hand got sucked into the blade!!!
(low light conditions, foggy safety glasses) . i lost my left pinki finger
(half of it) and lasserated my ring man pretty bad.  after it was cut off i
scrambled to find the cut off piece of finger, and there it lay atop of a
2x4, three feet off the ground. (rather a forboding sequence of events). i
just got back from the hospital they tried to re-attach the stump but it was
too ground up.  :-(  Now i am on pain killers but when i heal i cant wait to
fire my big bruiser coil up! (no pun intended!!)

Losing limbs in the name of tesla,
 --
Cabbott Sanders
Salem Oregon