[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Black PE any good for caps?

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998 22:50:43 -0600 mike
<mike-at-gmx-dot-com>  wrote:

> Is black PE film any good for cap making, or does the black color
>indicate some pigment (like lampblack) that's possibly conductive?

Hi Mike, what you said follows with most theories. The fact of the
matter is that some black polyethylene is conductive and some is not.
There is no way of knowing if a given batch of black polyethylene is
going to be conductive or not until you try it out. So most people
just avoid it, period.

                               Alfred A. Skrocki
                          Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-JUNO-dot-com
                 Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at:
                  http://WWW.GeoCities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/6251

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]