[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Weird cylindrical spark gap

I'm working on a redesign of the cylindrical spark gap for my new
system. It's on the inside of a 4" diameter, 3" long PVC pipe, with 1"
diameter hard copper electrodes. There will be 8 of them, placed around
the pipe so as to create a total 1" gap, with 2 in parallel (the gap
will go both ways around the pipe, so the connections are at opposite
sides of the pipe). The large gap is because my system runs at 24 kV.
How much power do you think this will quench? I can put a fan across it
if necessary.

--
           --Mr. Postman (Doug Brunner)
                <dabrunner-at-earthlink-dot-net>