[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

More HBTing

Hi Doug,

Comments below:

 Thanks a lot for your help. I was accounting for some big hysteresis losses
in a somewhat earlier design. So I guess the worst xformer design CAN have 70%
loss

Hmm, Well I wouldnīt call this a transformer any more. More like a Transwaster
or a Wasteformer?! (grin)

How does this look?
1.) Output: 12 kV, 500 mA
2.) Input: 240V, 60Hz
3.) Primary: 128 turns of AWG 10
4.) Secondary: 6400 turns of AWG 30
5.) CSA:  0.7853981633974 sq. in.

 By the way, what do you mean by TPV?

Here goes:

TPV means turns per volt. This figure tells you what voltage you get if you
wind exactly one turn, letting you figure out how many turns are needed for a
given voltage.

Notes to points above:

1.) Okay: 6kVA

2.) Okay

3.) The number of turns are okay. If you have the AWG 10 go for it I suppose,
otherwise a little less (AWG 14) would do it, too

4.) AWG 30 is a little on the small side I would go for AWG 24/25.

5.) How did you get this value?!?. This is way too low for 6kVA. I mean if it
was a square the side length would only be slightly more than 7/8" of an inch.
I calcīd something like 2.6 inch^2

Brewer greets from germany,
Reinhard