[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: How does one go about getting a pole pig?

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "chris morgan" <crmorgan-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
> Does anyone have a scheme fore obtaining a pole pig?(preferably not
> involving a chainsaw or climbing equipment)  I was considering finding
> the positions of them in my suburb, waiting for the power to go out,
> then driving around until I see a truck marked "City Water Light and
> Power".  Then I would use my brilliant oratory skills to convince them
> to give a struggling backyard scientist a now "useless" transformer.
> Some how I don't think that would work, which is probably for the best
> seeing as I would most likely end up killing myself anyway.  Still, if
> any of you have suggestions...

    You might try what I did, which is to call every power company within
500 miles, and ask to speak to someone from their transformer maintenance
depot. They often discard fully functional pigs in the 5-25KVA range when
they upgrade someone's supply because they have too lower rating to be
used elsewhere.
    It took me about 2 weeks and 50 phone calls to various power companies
all over the UK before I finally got a contact in one of the depots who
would supply me with one. If you are in the UK I may be able to get
another for you from the same source, but if you are not, the shipping
cost is too high for me to help.

--
*Stephen Rodway             Legion-at-Bigfoot-dot-com *  Support your local *
*Tel. 01761 300615                             *     coroner....     *