[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Trannies, how do I rewind them?

Getting the first few pieces of lamination out of an interleaved E-I core is
finnicky.  Sorry to hear yours are welded, thats real bad.  Once welds,
rivets and bolts are eliminated, use a kinfe or razor to split a peice away
starting at a corner and work it all the way round.  If the piece is an I it
will come away.  If the piece is an E, use a hammer and thin shim to drive
it out of the bobbin.  Usually you can get the laminations apart with little
damage.  Dont be discouraged by the first few laminations, it goes much
faster as you get more room to work inside the bobbins.

Will