[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Transformers, Wattage and some

Hi All,

Suppose I build two tesla coils each with identical secondaries. Each coil has
the primary/tank circuit optimumly tuned.

Case 1:) I use a 15kV 50mA NST and the correct reso cap.

Case 2.) I use a 7.5kV 100mA NST and the correct reso cap

Would coil 1 and coil 2 produce different spark lengths and/or forms. If so,
why ? It might be harder to make a (SR)SG for the lower voltage. The closer
gaps may quench worse than the wider (or more) higher voltage unit.

Does anyone see a problem paralleling the following xformers. They are from
the same manufacturing lot. Of course this will only work if they are within a
few volts of each other. I would have to check this. But aside from this, are
there any other problems which might creep up on me ?

1.) 7.5 kV -at-75mA NST
2.) 7.5 kV -at-75mA NST
3.) 7.5 kV -at-50mA NST
4.) 7.5 kV -at-50mA NST