[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

1/4 Wave Theories - Trash Them!

----------
From:  Sulaiman Abdullah [SMTP:sulabd-at-hotmail-dot-com]
Sent:  Friday, May 29, 1998 1:49 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: 1/4 Wave Theories - Trash Them!

Terry,
Firstly I'd like to thank you for all the 'scope photos,
VERY educational.
I'm a real beginner BUT if you truly beleive that 1/4 (or less)
wavelength is not important try running your research system
with a 6" sphere (or equivalent) as the secondary terminal with
appropriate re-tuning of the primary (tap).
I'd expect lots of discharges from half-way up the secondary!
You can never prove anything, but things can be dis-proved.

Regards ...... Sulaiman

>To: "'Tesla List'" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>Subject: 1/4 Wave Theories - Trash Them!
>Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 23:17:05 -0500

Inductor."

>It can be found as a web page and WORD97 zip at:
>
>http://www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/experiments/experiments.html
>
>	This paper describes measurements of the top and bottom currents in a
Tesla
>coil secondary inductor.  These measurements indicate that the
secondary is
>acting as a simple lumped inductor.  There appears to be no 1/4 wave
effect.
>The currents are in phase.  It appears that the 1/4 wave theory of
Tesla
>coil operation is incorrect.  Also, the top terminal appears to be
acting as
>a simple capacitor in parallel with the coil's self capacitance.  A
model
>for this behavior is presented.
>
>        You can take all those 1/4 wave models and all those books with
>pretty sine wave current distributions and throw them away (Well....
save