[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Wire Insulation Thickness

----------
From:  Jim Lux [SMTP:jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net]
Sent:  Wednesday, May 27, 1998 12:43 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Wire Insulation Thickness

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

I don't think space winding decreases the self C. Consider the C between
successive turns. Now you will have half as many turns with half the
interwinding C in series, which is the same total C as before.  Think
also of the Medhurst formula, which essentially considers the whole
thing as a conducting cylinder.