[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 8KV tank supply from microwave oven components (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 08:10:14 +0300
From: Marco Denicolai <marco-at-vistacom.fi>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: 8KV tank supply from microwave oven components

At 12:29 21/05/98 -0600, you wrote:
>What about a simple half wave rectifier?
>

>               ___________>l___________(+)
>      ___ [ll ]                           l
>             [ll ]                           l
>             [ll ]                           l
>  pri1     [ll ] sec1                   l
>            [ll ]                           l
>            [ll ]                           l
>   _____ [ll ]                           l
>                l                           l
>                lground             ---------
>                l                      _______cap
>      ____[ll ]                             l
>             [ll ]                             l
>             [ll ]                             l
>  pri2     [ll ]sec2                      l
>            [ll ]                             l
>            [ll ]                             l
>       ___[ll ]                             l
>           -----------------------------------( - )
>
>this would give approx. 6.8 kV
>would not use microwave oven capacitors though.

That's the point: I could not use, in your configuration, off-the-shelf
(or better to say off-the-dump) components and, eventually, would end
using same amount of diodes and capacitors. With your solution I could get,
anyway, 50 Hz pulses (at 6.8 kV) instead of 25 Hz only.

 Marco Denicolai                   Vista Communication Instruments, Inc.
 Hardware Development Manager      www.vistacom.fi

 marco-at-vistacom.fi                 Kaisaniemenkatu 13 A
 fax:    +358-9-622-5610           SF-00100 HELSINKI
 phone:  +358-9-622-623-15         Finland

   Remember, Murphy was an optimist! I am not...