[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primary types (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 22:43:16 +0200
From: Pete <casius-at-cyberserv.co.za>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Primary types (fwd)

Hi Mike,

I am not an expert but have recently built a cone or inverted saucer primary
for my 4" x 20" seconadry. The angle is 30 degrees. I used 1/4"
refridgerator tubing spaced at 1/4". The unit is powered by a 12/30 NST. I
don't get sparking between the turns. The first turn of the primary is 1"
away from the secondary. I got a piece of wood board, gave it several coats
of varnish, cut 4 pieces of wood at 30 degrees varnished and mounted them 90
degrees apart. Then came the boring part. I cut enough 1/4" spacers and
glued them to the 30 degree angle pieces. Finally placed the copper tube in
place (12 turns). The tube comes roled so it was not too difficult to fit
into the "groves". Hope this is of use to you.

Regards
Pete
South Africa