[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dayton ham and cheese fest (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 19:39:15 PDT
From: Mad Coiler <tesla_coiler-at-hotmail-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Dayton ham and cheese fest (fwd)

After two days even the Mad Coiler with spf30 still got burnt!

>>Also saw some possible tesla/HV buys at the Nebraska Surplus place -
40
>>KVDC 0.04uf pulse caps for $119, HV knife switches, Jennings vacuum
>>contactors and vac caps, etc.

Well, I dont know if it was the best deal but I got one of the .04uF
40kV pulse caps. Will try to contact GE and get more information on
them. Hope they will work on a 12kV NST setup (hopefully many NST's in
parallel). They had a pulse rating of 100PPS. Any comments on these caps
and there application would be appreciated.

>>Someone else had a 100uf 10 Kv /Maxwell
>>pulse cap for (!) $450...

Well, at the last minute sunday I picked up two of the ones he had for
$200 each. He also had them miss-marked, they were 120uF 10Kv according
to the specs on the side of them. Think I wore out my shocks bringing
them home, standing waist high and whieghing in over 200 lbs each they
are quite cumbersome but i couldnt refuse $200 dollars each. I
calculated them to be 12,000 Joules when banked together. Better not be
in Columbus when I discharge them!

>It was a fun day of Ham Festing, but it was a HOT one!  Whew!  :-)

It was high 80's both days! But still very fun, except for the part when
my front ball joint went out and took out my rotor with it. Cost me an
extra night in Dayton with a 6 mile walk to a motel, and $250 for the
T-Bird's problems, along with missing a day of school and work.
I also owe Bill the Arcstarter an apology. Unfortunately I was unable to
make it back to the 5:30 metting, because of a passenger that I had
forgot needed to be back in Columbus. Hope we can get together some
time.

Tristan Stewart