[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Transformers in general (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 17:58:02 -0700
From: Michael Baumann <baumann-at-proton.llumc.edu>
    Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Transformers in general

0n the subject of transformers - a question for those that
are a tad more experienced.
Has anyone here ever used an isolation transformer as a protection for the
home wiring?

I've found a surplus site that I intend to order a vacuum motor from
($20, 95CFM, 80"H20), that also carries a rather astounding array of
power transformers. Looking at it, some of these could be used to
act as simple isolation tranformers (example: 1.2KW 115/230 xfrmer for
$40, that could be wired to run 115-115)
Any thoughts as to how much protection I might get from such a beast?
And no, I don't intend to lose my line filters/chokes/etc.. I mean
in addition to.

[for those that *really* want to move air, they have a
9000-18000CFM Axial Fan for a mere $230, only weighs 125lbs :)
you supply the motor]

--
Michael Baumann  Optivus Technology Inc.|Loma Linda University Medical
Center