[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Toriod Capacitance vs. Output Voltage

----------
From:  dwight duncan [SMTP:duncand-at-ccsalpha2.nrl.navy.mil]
Sent:  Tuesday, March 24, 1998 6:10 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Toriod Capacitance vs. Output Voltage

Hi All,

    I ran some simulations on toriod capacitance vs output voltage and got
some interesting results that I would like to share with you.  Keeping all
other variables constant and just changing the load capacitance I got an
interesting graph.
    It would seem that there is an optimal load capacitance for any given
system.  This may be already well known but none the less I thought I would
post it and get a response.  Once one has an operating system, the next
step would be to tune the load capacitance for maximum output.  In the
graph you could be in a valley getting 1 MV when the system can deliver 10
MV and not know it.
    I ran theses simulations using TCTUTOR from Corum & Associates where I
put in a theoretical 2 coil system and varied the load capacitance while
keeping all other variables the same and recorded the output voltage.  I
ran the simulation with two different secondaries and got nearly the same
results.  I have these graphs in TIF format for those who are interested.
Replies are very welcome.

Dwight