[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

which disease?

----------
From:  Sulaiman Abdullah [SMTP:sulabd-at-hotmail-dot-com]
Sent:  Friday, March 20, 1998 7:34 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: which disease?

Hi, I'm not an expert so if you get other replies consider them first,
however I beleive you have to halve the operating frequency(approx.)
sparks 1/2 way up indicate half-wave resonance, you need quarter-wave
resonance to put the highest voltage at the top.
All you need do is double the number of turns on your primary, this will
quadruple it's inductance which in turn will halve the resonant
frequency. Good luck. Bye ... Sulaiman

>Dear All, I need some help.
>
>I wound a coil (diam. 4.33", height 33.66") with .35mm wire (AWG 28??)
>and a total secundary resistance of approx. 155 ohm. I thought that
>these 790 meters from 2290 turns would give me resonance at 94,8 kHz.
>Why not???
>
>Everybody talks about 3:1 ratio but that means with 10" diam
>->30"height, doesn't it. How do I get 1000 turns in so little height.
>Can I take a form with more height??
>
>I now get breakouts (>20") at half of the form, distroying my turns. I
>am using a cap wound from 2.5mm thick red plastic (don't know the
>material) 2 plates from about 20 cm widht and 7 meters long. Primary is
>7.5 turns of .5" copper tube, gap=single .5", toroids vary. Best
>sparklength I get (don't understand!!!) with a very small toroid!
Supply