[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Multi Resonators RE Tested

----------
From:  gweaver [SMTP:gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net]
Sent:  Thursday, March 19, 1998 12:14 PM
To:  Tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Multi Resonators RE Tested

Multi Resonators RE Tested

After my answer to a post about 2 weeks ago I received many emails asking
questions.  It was about a years ago that I did this experement and couldn't
remember all the answers so I retested and made some notes.  I did a post on
this about a year ago, I guess several people missed it.

Power supply is 15K 50 ma unpotted neon in HV oil.

Spark gap is RQ, 8 gaps, .025 each gap, variable speed vacuum fan.

Cap is rolled polyethylene and aluminum flashing oil filled .006428 uf rated
40KV.

Primary is flat wound 1/4" copper tubing 1/4" space between the tubes.  16
turns.  Inside diameter is 7.25".  Outside diameter is 23.125".

Toroid is 11" diameter by 4.5" thick stainless steel with a 1" long nail on
one side.

Secondary coils are all #24 wire wound on 4" PVC pipe.  4.625" diameter.
12.75" tall.  590 turns.

First I tested each secondary coil one at a time to see if the output was
exactly the same.  With the first turn of the secondary coil even with the
primary coil I will call this (coupling = 0").  With the first turn of the
secondary coil up 1/2" above the primary is called (coupling = 1/2").  With
the secondary coil up 1" above the primary (coupling = 1").  With the
secondary coil up 1.5" above the primary (coupling = 1.5").  Coils are grounded.

Coil number.  Primary tap.  Discharge spark length.   Coupling.

Coil 1       Turn 8.875              19.75"              0
Coil 2            8.875              19.75"              0

Coil 1            8.875              20.00"            1/2 up
Coil 2            8.875              20.00"            1/2 up

Coil 1            8.875              20.75"             1" up
Coil 2            8.875              20.75"             1" up

Coil 1            8.875              17.25"            1.5" up
Coil 2            8.875              17.25"            1.5" up

Next I put 2 secondary coils on the primary coil.  The 2 coils were 1/2"
apart. Outside diameter of the 2 coils were 9.75".  With the coils directly
over the primary coil I got arc over from primary to secondary with coupling
at 1/2" and 1".  No arc over with the secondary coils 1.5" above the primary
coil.  Bottom ends of the 2 secondary coils are connected together and to
ground.  Top ends of each coil were connect to the 11" diameter toroid.
Coils are in parallel.

Coil number.  Primary tap.  Discharge spark length.   Coupling

Coil 1 & 2      Turn 6               18.50"            1.5" up

Nothing has changed except the addition of another secondary coil with
coupling at 1.5" and the discharge spark length increased by 1.25".  Primary
tap had to be moved from turn 8.875 to turn 6 to find resonance frequency.

Sorry I couldn't do this test with a 3rd and 4th secondary coil.  I don't
have those coils anymore.

Hope this answers everyones questions.

Gary Weaver