[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Questions of Damage

----------
From:  Dan Ressler [SMTP:danz_da_man-at-hotmail-dot-com]
Sent:  Monday, March 09, 1998 11:06 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Questions of Damage

Hello list,
Im lookin to up the power of my coil.  At the moment Im using a
15kv/30ma and I want to add more, but I am extremely paranoid about
damaging things by having power goin back into the line.  Im using air
chokes, a line filter made out of the noise filter that goes on a
monitor cord (I dont know if it has any affect), and of course a safetly
gap.  I know most wouldnt give it a second thought on such a small coil
(4"x23" with #28 wire, a "getto gap"- 2 gaps in series, 2 bolts with a
section of pipe in the middle; have gotten 15" sparks).  But anyway I
have to convince my dad it will be ok to up the power.....is it?  Give
your thoughts, thnx.
Dan