[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

High Voltage Diodes

----------
From:  bmack [SMTP:bmack-at-frontiernet-dot-net]
Sent:  Sunday, March 01, 1998 2:35 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: High Voltage Diodes

MAx,
Yes! this is a normal reading in the diode mode of a standard
multimeter.  The problem is that the meter does not put out enough
voltage to forward bias the HV diode. Take a 5v supply and a 1K resistor
in series with the diode and measure the drop across the diode.  I think
it will read somewhere around 1.2 to 2 volts when forward biased.

Jim McVey