[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Small tesla coil (1sq ft) findings

----------
From:  Malcolm Watts [SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent:  Sunday, June 21, 1998 4:37 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Small tesla coil (1sq ft) findings

Hi Jeff,

I guess I really mean lower power. One can't run 100W say into a 10"
coil and expect any output because the voltage developed would be too
low. Therefore one would want to use a small resonator with low
capacitance. I'd just be interested to see what is possible with say,
a primary energy fixed at some level and BPS unlimited. I think a lot
could be learned from such an exercise. I recently got better than
12" from a 5kV 30mA transformer. I didn't scope the BPS but it would
have been around 100, certainly not more. Perhaps it's something I
should pursue.

Malcolm