[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

oil...

----------
From:  Federico Price [SMTP:fprice3-at-acnet-dot-net]
Sent:  Saturday, June 20, 1998 10:02 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: oil...

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Kevin:  I have obtained small quantities of transformer oil from a local
industrial transformer repair shop. Another possible source might be an electrical
installation contractor.  In either case, make sure that the source is sealed
hermeticaly. Tranfo oil is very thirsty for  humidity and will absorb it from the
air, reducing its break-down voltage a lot.  BTW, your cap should also be closed
off from air to avoid this.

Good luck

Federico