[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tesla ? coil - Griffith Observatory

----------
From:  Bill Noble [SMTP:william_b_noble-at-email.msn-dot-com]
Sent:  Thursday, June 04, 1998 11:45 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Tesla ? coil - Griffith Observatory

the coil at the Griffith Observatory (in griffith park, in the Hollywood
hills) is half of an older coil - it is run daily for visitors.  There is a
data sheet available on the coil - perhaps the observatory has a web site??
I haven't checked for that.  The original coil had two tapered secondaries
and the primary in the middle, if I remember the brochure correctly.
And,yes, the coil is still there.