[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

1/4 Wave Theories - Trash Them!

----------
From:  Malcolm Watts [SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent:  Monday, June 01, 1998 10:03 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: 1/4 Wave Theories - Trash Them!

All,
      Earlier I wrote:

>        I hate to perpetuate what I think are basically useless ideas
> in here but I would be interested to see some top and bottom current
> measurements under no breakout conditions. All input welcome.

Forget the request. I see it has been abundantly answered in other
posts I hadn't read at the time I replied.

     I suppose that one point of interest remains: can one possibly
do better with a coil having no topload and the same Ctot as a coil
with topload?  I'm betting not, mainly due to ionization clamping. So
now I guess we're at the point when we figure out just what it takes
to burn air efficiently - i.e. what is the best you can possibly do
for some given figure of E x BPS?  I suppose even this is passe - one
can do wondrous things if BPS is a fraction and E is huge!

     Bearing that in mind, what goals do we aim for now? Fixed E and
the best you can otherwise do etc.?  I am beginning to feel some
lassitude coming on.

Malcolm