[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

St. Louis Coilers?!

----------
From:  Larry Bud Melman [SMTP:gasman-at-althea.a-line-dot-net]
Sent:  Monday, June 01, 1998 5:04 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  St. Louis Coilers?!

	Hello all...

	I'm a new 'coiler,' I dare to call myself that although my first coil
has not left the drawing board yet.  I was impressed by a tabletop coil
built by a friend of mine with a 6KV 10mA transformer, and his 4 to 6 inch
sparks, and inspired...and I decided I wanted something to make some serious
sparks....

	Which is why I ordered a 10 kVA, 25 kV pole pig, and found myself
a 10 kVA variac...

	What I'm looking for are people from the St. Louis, MO vicinity, who
are out there coiling.  I could flail through the whole tesla-building
process, and probably meet with success eventually, but I wonder if there
aren't folks near here who have made the mistakes I'm getting ready to.  I
don't have the advantage of being a EE type, I'm just a dumb doctor - and
college physics was a long time ago...

	So, anyone out there from St. Louie??  Let's tesla.

					Clay.