[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

California visit

----------
From:  Greg Leyh [SMTP:lod-at-pacbell-dot-net]
Sent:  Saturday, May 30, 1998 8:34 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: California visit

Russ Thornton wrote:

> I am scheduled(??) to be in the San Fransisco( actually Newark) area for
> 2 to 3 weeks starting June 15.  I was wondering if anyone knew of
> anything Tesla oriented going on during that period.  Actually anything
> that would be interesting to visit in the area of science or
> photography.
>
> Oh, If anyone is interested, the reason for my visit is I will be
> witnessing the acceptance tests of a high power radar transmitter
> representing the Air Force.

Hi Russ,

Not much happening Tesla-wise here, as my tools won't be back from NZ
until the 15th... However, SRL ( http://www.srl-dot-org/ ) will be doing a
show
for Web98 at the Moscone Center on the 25th.  I will be operating a
20kJoule
magnetic spark cannon in the show, that spews molten metal through the
air
for about 300 feet.  We may place an 80kJ Helmholtz coil near the
audience.
Be sure to leave your credit cards outside of the show area!

Check out http://www.mfweb-dot-com/1998/west/register.htm for registration
info;
an 'Exhibits Only' pass can be had for free, if you register in advance.

BTW: what do the "acceptance tests" consist of?  Must the equipment
under
test be capable of evenly cooking a mil-standard sized cow?  Can just
anyone
show up for the tests?

-GL
www.lod-dot-org