[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

1/4 Wave Theories - Trash Them!

----------
From:  Malcolm Watts [SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent:  Monday, June 01, 1998 7:08 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: 1/4 Wave Theories - Trash Them!

Hi Sulaiman,

True enough. Well, I have run resonators with a *huge range* of
terminal sizes and appropriate tuning of the primary and none does
anything other than what you would expect, namely dicharges from the
top. An extreme situation arises if the ROC of the terminal becomes
too large - the energy you have to pump in causes output voltage to
become so high that the resonator flashes over before the top lets
go. Nothing unexplained there. I've never seen discharges popping out
of the windings halfway up under any of these tests.

Malcolm
<snip>