[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pushing Neons (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 09:43:31 -0600
From: "D.C. Cox" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Pushing Neons (fwd)

to: Terry

It is very likely you would loose a few NST's by using these procedures.
If you unpot them, drop them into a plastic tank filled with xmfr oil, then
they have better insulation and also cooling protection for the high
currents.  With a bit of chattering to the manufacturers you can obtain the
coil-core assemblies before they pot them and these work great for oil
immersion.  An even better solution is to go for the hard block epoxy
potential xmfr delivering 14.4 kV and use external current adjustment.
These units are nearly indestructable in normal Tesla service.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Pushing Neons (fwd)