[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: arc waves (Second Light) (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 01:08:28 -0500
From: Kerry Ludwig <kilroy-at-nex-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: arc waves (Second Light) (fwd)

>This observation shows clearly that the observed effect is the same of a
>"Jacob's ladder". The hot ionized spark channel rises, because it is lighter
>than cool air. Maybe it is possible to explore this effect to obtain very
>long sparks, driving something as a large, well insulated, Jacob's ladder
>with a Tesla coil.
>
>Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz

Yes, this does somewhat work.  I had tried that same idea using the first
coil I ever built.  It was only giving about 3", but this technique would
allow up to 5" or 6".  I have not ever tried it with a larger coil.

(Anyone out there want to do a little testing?)

Kerry "Kilroy" Ludwig
kilroy-at-nex-dot-net

"If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be
so simple that we couldn't. "  Emerson Pugh, "The Biological Origins of
Human Values"