[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary Spark Capacitance (was How to rise the secondary?) (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 17:34:18 -0600
From: terryf-at-verinet-dot-com
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Secondary Spark Capacitance (was How to rise the    secondary?) (fwd)

Hi John,

        I would think that a digital scope could capture the secondary
waveforms and measure the change in frequency very easily.  Then the
capacitance change could be easily found.  Simply changing the primary
system is probably close but there are many sources for error.  Of course,
to get the best coil operation, tuning the primary is perfect.  For us
"scientific" people, the scope method should give a very close measurement
of the capacitance throughout the arc event.  I am going to try to do work
in this area as time permits.

        Terry Fritz