[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla coil project plans (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 00:18:14 -0400
From: Justin Hennigan <justinh-at-interlaced-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Tesla coil project plans (fwd)

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Date: Monday, July 20, 1998 12:18 AM
Subject: Tesla coil project plans (fwd)

I also have a few secondary coils on PVC that i made when i had access to a
screw-cutting lathe.  I machined a smooth surface on pvc tubing and cut a
fine groove to lay the wire in.

length    diameter    wire    tpi
23 3/4     1 7/8          #26    close wound
6 7/8        4 7/16       #26     41
17 5/16    4 1/2         #26     32
20 7/8     2 1/4          #26     32
19 3/16    3 1/2          #26   44
31            3 1/4         #26     32

I know that none of these follow the rule of thumb for the modern coil , but
that's what i experimented with at the time.   I can wind any coil i need ,
i just need the specs.