[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC Ground Currents (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 98 08:21:31 EDT
From: Gary Lau  17-Jul-1998 0803 <lau-at-hdecad.ENET.dec-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: TC Ground Currents

>From: Adam Parker <park_e_r-at-hiwaay-dot-net>
>
>Thanks a bunch to all that replied to my post. Now alot of what was sketchy
>to me is making sense. The reason I was asking about flat and round
>conducters is because none of the local suppliers carry the strap. I plan
>to take some 1/4 copper tubing and peen it out to use until I can find a
>real strap. Any thoughts on this?

I don't think flattening the copper tubing has any advantage over using it
in it's tubular form, they both have the same surface area.

Copper strapping is hard to come by, but any good hardware or Home Depot type
store does carry copper roof flashing.  This can be easily cut with shears into
2 inch wide strips and soldered together to whatever length is needed.  It
certainly helps if you have access to a shop with an industrial guillotine-type
sheet metal cutter, perhaps you could bring it to an HVAC shop and they'll cut
it into strips for you.

Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA