[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: How to rise the secondary? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 06:02:31 +0000
From: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: How to rise the secondary? (fwd)

  John F. -

  I was reviewing your March and April posts of 1997 and found that you have
forgotten that some of your tests agree with what I have been saying.

  Good tuning is a prerequisite to good quenching
  At K = .11 got 1st notch quench
  At k = .16  quench moved to 2nd notch and destroyed secondary
  Sparks were longest at low K values. The JHCTES program agrees

  March 30,1997
  You made 6 tests with your coil by raising the secondary. You said you
thought that the best output was when the bottom of the secondary was almost
level with the primary compared to the raised positions..

  John Couture