[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Homebrew Variacs? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 12:27:54 GMT
From: Mike Harrison <wwl-at-netcomuk.co.uk>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Homebrew Variacs? (fwd)

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998 22:17:48 -0600 (MDT), you wrote:

> [...]
what about the iron core ?

It may be possible to use a large toroidal transformer core, but it
would be hard to wind it with suitably thick wire & get the windings
even & neat enough to run a wiper over without a proper toroid winding
machine.
   _/ L_/  Mike Harrison / White Wing Logic / wwl-at-netcomuk.co.uk  _/ L_/
 _/ W_/  Hardware & Software design / PCB Design / Consultancy  _/ W_/
/_W_/  Industrial / Computer Peripherals / Hazardous Area      /_W_/