[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: How to rise the secondary? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 21:57:09 +0000
From: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: How to rise the secondary? (fwd)

  Tony, Gary, All -

  What does happen when you add insulation or oil between the primary and
secondary coils? This certainly changes the picture regarding the
clearances, tuning, coupling, and raising the secondary. Can the output
(spark length) be increased over a classical coil or magnifier? The coupling
can be made tighter but that according to theory would not affect the
output. The tuning affects the output but the tuning could not be improved.
Tuning does not depend upon insulation.

  Any comments?

  John Couture