[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Aluminum foil toroids (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 20:04:50 EDT
From: Dsurfr-at-aol-dot-com
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Aluminum foil toroids

Help from anybody out there!!
I have checked an even dozen hardware/builder's supply stores in the area &
can't find any dryer duct that is all aluminum foil & wire. All they seem to
offer is solid aluminum (perforated), foil w/ a nylon mesh imbedded in it
(both good choices for dryer duct) or plastic (which I thought was illegal).
My olnly other thought was to go to the black corrugated drain pipe or a
plastic "slinky" wrapped in plastic strapping tape & then wrapped in Al foil
tape. My one experience w/ this type of toroid ( a small child's toy ring
wrapped in foil tape) seemed to give off a lot of corona loss from the
"overlaps" of the tape. Does anyone have any tips as to the correct wrapping
procedure or any "brand names" of foil ducting on the market?  Thanks, Jim