[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

would a 15kv 5ua DC transformer work for TC

----------
From:  Malcolm Watts [SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent:  Sunday, February 22, 1998 3:28 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: would a 15kv 5ua DC transformer work for TC

Hi Chris,

The equation V = i x t/C  would be helpful here. Let's say you want a
break rate of 100 Hz.  You have 10mS to charge the cap roughly.
Assuming the supply *is* constant current up to 15kV, you can find a
value of C that meets this requirement:

C = 10^-5 x 10^-2/1.5x10^4 Farads = 6.6pF    not too good really.

Perhaps someone had better check my arithmetic.
Malcolm