[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

BIG Capacitors

----------
From:  Rscopper-at-aol-dot-com [SMTP:Rscopper-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Wednesday, February 18, 1998 5:22 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: BIG Capacitors

<< Subj:	 BIG Capacitors
 Date:	98-02-18 15:35:06 EST
 From:	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com (Tesla List)
 To:	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com ('Tesla List')

 ----------
 From:  Greg Leyh [SMTP:lod-at-pacbell-dot-net]
 Sent:  Tuesday, February 17, 1998 5:51 AM
 To:  Tesla List

 > Does anyone know where I could obtain several capacitors (surplus or new)
 > rated at over 100uF and at a voltage of 18Kv or over. These caps will go to
 > use as part of a circuit in a coil crush experiment.
 >
 > Justin

 Me too!  Justin, if you come across any extras let me know,
 and I will do likewise.  I'm looking for 20-30kV, at >10kJ/unit.

 -GL

I have 4- 190uf 4000V Peak 1500J caps, no PCBs. They are 5in X 13in X 23in in
size, and are about 50 pounds each.  Since I haven't decided what to do with
them yet, they may be up for sale/trade...what am I bid for these little
cuties???
They came out of the same 4KW CO2 laser power supply that my current coil
transformer did. Shipping could be a problem.  I live in Indiana.

Scott