[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: DC behavior with AC TC

On Fri, 25 Dec 1998 20:16:54 -0700 in the Tesla List
Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br> wrote;

>Apparently, sparks/corona occur more easily in one direction than >in
other. Negative electricity escapes to the air more easily than
>"positive electricity", because electrons move more easily than >the
lack of them ("holes")...

Interesting you should mention that. I remember back as a kid making a
geiger-counter supply and it used a small spark gap to rectify the
current some what akin to what you describe. I think the circuit I was
using was from one of the old issues of the origional Popular Electronics
from some time in the 1950's. I'll have to dig them out of my attic some
time and look.

                     Alfred A. Skrocki Sr.
                  Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-JUNO-dot-com
                  AlfredSkrocki-at-NetZero-dot-net
         Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at:
          http://WWW.GeoCities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/6251

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]