[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LC filter adequate? Please, no replies about the NST connections.

OK, everybody, the NSTs have no problems. I've already powered up the
supply, and it works. What I really need is feedback on the LC
protection circuit.

I'm building a .88 kVA coil with a set of neons as a power source (one
7.5/60, one 7.5/35, one 7.5/18, with the two small ones in parallel, and

the big one in series with them). Fortunately, the casings have not
shorted. I would have liked to get a 15/60, but I couldn't find anything
under $100.  I've currently got a LC protection circuit installed, made
up of a 8.8 nF cap in parallel with the HV
input, and a 4 mF inductor in series, after the cap. The coil frequency
is 317 kHz. Will this circuit be enough, or do I need to install a
resistor somewhere?

--
           --Mr. Postman (Doug Brunner)
                <dabrunner-at-earthlink-dot-net>