[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LC filter adequate?

In a message dated 12/21/98 2:31:01 AM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< Original Poster: Doug Brunner <dabrunner-at-earthlink-dot-net>

 I'm building a .88 kVA coil with a set of neons as a power source (one
 7.5/60, one 7.5/35, one 7.5/18, with the two small ones in parallel, and
 the big one in series with them). I've currently got a LC protection
 circuit installed, made up of a 8.8 nF cap in parallel with the HV
 input, and a 4 mF inductor in series, after the cap. The coil frequency
 is 317 kHz. Will this circuit be enough, or do I need to install a
 resistor somewhere?

 --
            --Mr. Postman (Doug Brunner)

Doug,

If you are planning to use two neon sign transformers in series, I assume you
plan to connect the center of this transformer to the bottom of the secondary
and the main RF ground.  That leaves the cases of the transformers floating -
and a safety hazard I believe.  Are others using this arrangement?  I can't
think of a safe way to do it.

Ed Sonderman