[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Mistake in Re: Saturable reactors?

On Sat, 12 Dec 1998 22:50:51 -0700 in the Tesla List
I wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Dec 1998 20:46:10 -0700 Bob Golding
><yubba-at-clara-dot-net> wrote:
>
>>Could one use the filament winding on a MOT as a dc control
>>winding? Just a passing thought, don't know if this would
>>have any practical applications.
>
>Only if you'd like trying to force several hundred to several
>thousand amps through that filament winding! The amount of voltage
>and current you have to apply to the control winding is governed >by the
number of ampere turns, so the more turns you use the less
>current you need and the less voltage will be required. With the
>filament winding being one or two turns at most, you can see this
>is going to require like I said several hundred to several
>thousand turns<--- should have been amps not turns! Sorry!

                       Alfred A. Skrocki
                  Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-JUNO-dot-com
         Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at:
          http://WWW.GeoCities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/6251

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]