[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Off-axis primary inductance

On Sun, 29 Nov 1998 09:46:17 -0700 in the Tesla List
D.C. Cox <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net> wrote:

>to: Mike, Alfred
>
>There is a way to do it with very negligible losses --- its called a
>variometer.

Boy does that bring back childhood memories! I used to wind variometers
on carboard tubes for radios I made. One thing I remember is they were
very low value inductances! and your
right it would be a bit of a nightmare trying to insulate them for over
15 KV.

                               Alfred A. Skrocki
                          Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-JUNO-dot-com
                 Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at:
                  http://WWW.GeoCities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/6251

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]