[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Variac question...

Hello, I a am planning on making a tube coil soon. I dont have any
experience with
them other than reading a navy course manual. I was planning on building the
example coil shown on pupman-dot-com (i know i prolly said this before but it
was a
while ago) I cant find any trannys that make 600v 200-400ma , but could i
use a
variac to limit the input voltage to a mot to acconmplish the job? The mot
output
is 500ma but will this decrease if given less input voltage ? Also my mot
draws
22a open. I have a general  radio 20a variac. I herd the mot saturates at
100v or
so ,but if my input is less than 100v wont it draw substantilly less current ?
  Thanks,
Philip Mac Duffie