[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Dry ice on TC output terminal

From: Steven Ivy <adder_black_the-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I was thinking of placing a piece of dry ice on the output terminal of
a TC. I think that all the sparks should ionize at least some of the
CO2 molecules streaming off the electrode and the resultant bunch of
plasma ions might make for an interesting display. Also do you think
this experiment might accidently produce to much poisonous CO gas and
ozone? One other thought, if CO2 impregnated air has a lower
dielectric strength than that of normal air then a small fan blowing
on the apparatus might cause the discharge to fire in a prefered
direction?

Have any of you ever tried this experiment?

Steven
adder_black_the-at-yahoo-dot-com
Dallas Texas