[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LOD Discrete Toroids

----------
From:  Mark Finnis [SMTP:mefinnis-at-medicine.adelaide.edu.au]
Sent:  Saturday, August 22, 1998 7:46 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com; USA-TESLA-at-list.iex-dot-net
Subject:  LOD Discrete Toroids

I was inspired by GL's "discrete component" toroid (and who wouldn't be
.....).  Had some spare copper-plated steel tubing which I had originally
used for a primary (for which it was no good), so made a "quick & dirty"
small version of this in a couple of hours yesterday.

Really works very well ........   if I do build a larger coil, this is
gonna be by far the easiest and most cost-efficient method !!!

Many thanks to GL.   Now Greg, clever fellow that your are ;-)

How do you estimate the top C with a discrete component toroid ?????

Mark

http://www.cobweb-dot-com.au/~dkfinnis