[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

8X6 Scope traces

----------
From:  Rscopper-at-aol-dot-com [SMTP:Rscopper-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Thursday, August 13, 1998 7:50 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  8X6 Scope traces

Malcolm, Richard, all,

I finally got the GPIB card working again.  I've added some scope traces of my
8X6 system to the web site http://members.aol-dot-com/rscopper/index.htm

The traces were captured using a Tek P6015 probe connected to the transformer
side of the sync RSG.

I have tried to optimize the RSG to give me the same sparks as with static
gaps with little luck, and I thought you may see something obvious I may have
missed.

WinTesla version 2.0 is finally in the works again, and I have received
several good ideas for improvements.  I have abandoned the MFC 5.0 idea, and
am sticking to Borland Delphi for this version.  Some of the new features will
include an edit memo area for you to add comments about the design (saved with
the file), I am including all of my formulas in the help section clipped from
MathCad files, I tried to add both metric and U.S. input/output, but that may
have to wait for the next version, since it is almost a total rewrite of the
code with all my error checking and edit box stuff.  I may add an option to
save the file in PSpice readable format, using the M. Watts distributed ladder
network format, since it seems to accurately simulate my operating coils.  If
anyone wishes to input their favorite spice models, I'll work on getting them
in the program.

One bonus will be for a small fee of $20, I'll personalize your registered
copy with a bmp picture of your own coil - scanned from a photo or digital if
you have it - on the opening splash screen. Other than that, the program will
still be freeware, no nag screens, no missing functions.

The idea of the program printing out a bill-of-materials with blueprints and
assembly instructions is probably still over my head at this time - but a
worthy suggestion.

Scott